THE ART OF MIXOLOGY
- An experienced cocktail bartender will show the attendee (in groups of 15) how to prepare the different kinds of cocktails.
- The attendee will have enough drinks and ingredients to do practical training in the preparation of cocktails.
- Some of them will be: Margarita, San Francisco, Alexander, Mojito, Daiquiri, Caipiriña… and some more.
- We also offer molecular mixology.
PRACTICAL CLASSES OF MAGIC AND ILLUSIONISM
- The course will be given by an experienced and renowned magician and illusionist showman. You will learn how to create several magic effects so you can show your friends when you come back to your town.
- You will learn the “tricks” to be able to do magic with cards, strings, handkerchiefs, and bank notes.
- All the attendee will be given a magic set so they can do the different magic effects.
SEVILLANAS AND RUMBA DANCE CLASSES
- This is one of our most famous team building activities!.
- Attendee will be given practical lessons, either in a hotel room, an academy or “tablao Flamenco”, so that they learn how to dance “Sevillanas and Rumbas”.
- Given by a Flamenco dance couple (man-woman) who are experienced teachers.
- We will divide up the attendee into groups of 10 and each of them will practice 30 minutes in a different learning space, where some experienced teachers will teach them to play castanets, to clap hands flamenco-style, flamenco percussion box, Manila shawl handling, etc.
HOW TO PLAY “CASTAÑUELAS”: PRACTICAL LESSONS
- A female teacher, expert in playing “castañuelas” (percussion instruments resembling two sets of shells made from hard wood and joined at one end by string) castanets, will show how to play this instrument, which is used in a flamenco show.
- All the attendee will be given a pir of professional “castanets” so they can try them.
MAKING OF TORTOISESHELL “PEINAS” (BACK COMBS)
- A craft design teacher will offer the attendee the opportunity to learn the making of both tortoiseshell “peinas” and brooches.
- They will learn the realization of design, modeling, cut, making and completion of the chosen elements. In an area to determine, each participant will have at his disposal a tortoiseshell plate and all the necessary tools and materials to carry out his activity.
THEORY AND PRATICE
- Theoretical and practical lessons of the artistic decoration on fabric, through cross-stitch.
- You will be able to make from small “bordados” (embroidery) on handkerchiefs to pictures of famous bullfighters.
- A experienced “matador” (bullfighter) will carry out the demonstration. He will explain, by theory and practice, the use of a magenta and pink “capote” (cape) and a “muleta” (small red cape).
- Using a training bullfighting cart, which simulates a fighting bull´s head, attendee will have the opportunity to test their skills with the cape under the “matador”´s supervision.
“VENENCIA”: PRACTICAL LESSONS
- Learn the difficult art of “Venenciar” (wine pouring) Sherry wine out of a cask or barrel using a “venencia”. It is an instrument made up of a long flexible shaft (made of whalebone but it has now been replaced with plastic or fiberglass), at one end of which is attached a cup (it holds 50 cm) and at the other a hook.
HOW TO CUT AND TASTE IBERIAN HAM
- Under the appropriate explanations of an experienced “jamonero” (master slicer), you will learn the origin and preparation of Spanish “Ibérico” ham and afterwards you yourself will be able to cut and flavor a real 5 Jotas Ibérico ham.
- A teacher and professional female dancer, expert in oriental dance, will give theoretical and practical classes of Bellydance, which is a dance that combines Middle East elements with some from Northern Africa.
- “Raqs Baladi” is a dance with little use of the arms, and the focus is on hip movements. They call it Bellydance or Raqs Sharqi in Egypt.
CERAMIC PAINT AND DECORATION
- Several clay crocks, plates and vases will be painted and decorated with special paints to give them an artistic finish.
- An experienced craftsman, specialized in painting, will guide and help the attendee.
“ABANICOS”: PAINTING AND DECORATION
- Abanicos, pay-pay or pericones (fans) are objects which is a part of a lady’s attire. They are used to cool face in hot days but in past times the using and holding of the “abanico” might convey different meanings. For example, an open “abanico” that covers the chest area is a sign of modesty while rapid fan movements express the lady’s displeasure. These objects will be painted and decorated with artistic paints.